Apostles' Church (Kumbet Mosque)
Apostles' Church (Kumbet Mosque) was built by Bagradit King Abbas in 932-937 A.D. It is built of clean cut basalt stone in clover layout with a steep dome. Exterio walls that make up the dome's vault hold reliefs that represent 12 apostles. This church was converted
into a mosque in 1604 A.D. when the Seljuks conquered Kars. It was used as a church for 40 years from 1878 when Kars fell to Russians. Not used for some time, it was used as a museum between 1969-1980, then reopened as Kumbet Mosque in
1994. The structure was registered and placed under preservation status.